Wednesday, February 3, 2016

I was born in the summer of 1974. July 4th to be exact. Fire cracker baby. Top 40 music hits, 1. The Way We Were by Barbra Streisand 2.Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks 3.Come and Get Your Love by Redbone 4.The Loco-Motion by Grand Funk Railroad 5. The Streak by Ray Stevens 6. Bennie and the Jets by Elton John 7.Until you Come Back to Me by Aretha Franklin. Top movies that year, The Godfather part 2, Chinatown, Lenny, The Towering Inferno, The Conversation. World population was 4,031,026,667 and I was going to make that number go up.
My Momma was 15 years old and was letting her Aunt and Uncle adopt me. She asked the doctor if I was a boy or a girl. He said, "I cant tell you that, I have to let them tell you". So she asked, "well, were all the fingers and toes there?" The doctor said, "Oh yes, she has all her fingers and toes." My Momma just started laughing and the doctor laughed too, he knew she had tricked him. It was almost 40 years before I ever saw a photo of her holding me as a baby. I never knew any existed. Their promise to let her come visit often as she wanted never panned out. I barely remember her coming. Not until I was older.

No comments:

Post a Comment