Thursday, February 18, 2016

TV in the 80's

TV for me was watching Saturday morning cartoons on that HUGE wooden console in the the living room or after school cartoons and shows. So many memories of watching my favorite shows while having cereal or after school snacks. Scooby Doo, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland,Alvin and the Chipmunks, Captain Caveman, Rescue Rangers, ALF, Darkwing Duck,Galaxy High, J.E.M. Then there were shows like The A Team, Growing Pains, Cheers, Miami Vice, Knight Rider, Family Ties, The Love Boat,Alice, Dallas, Good Times, Mac Gyver,The Wonder Years, Punky Brewster, Bosom Buddies.
I laughed and cried with these characters that came into my house everyday. I grew up with the sons and daughters, learned with them, hurt with them,had crushes on the boys they liked with them. I began to dream of what the world away from here could be like. The kids we watched on TV were normal kids that we could relate to. I look at TV today and it scares me what is on now. What are the lessons we are teaching the younger generations?

No comments:

Post a Comment